Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Okay... So I am rather new to this whole 'blogging' craze. I emphasize this to prevent people from getting in the middle of this 'blog' saying to themselves 'this guy is clueless.' So I have made my pre-emptive strike. I am clueless, but that will not stop me from giving this a go.

Let me begin by giving you a little background on who I am, what I want, and what I want to achieve by blogging.

My name is Taygen Vicary. I'm a single 27 year old 'cowboy' with an associates degree in Agricultural Business Technology. I work for a cattle feedlot and love it. I'm a christian and have been since I was old enough to know better. I like to read, write, run, horseback ride, hunt and fish. I like football, baseball, basketball, and rodeo. I love my family, my friends, and my church. I like to wake up early with a hot cup of coffee and go to bed with my window open to the sounds of the country. I believe that learning to work hard is the key to success.

I ain't sure that covers me, but it's a start.

As for what I want, I can't really say I am convinced as to what it is I really do want in life. What I do know is that I do want to find that one girl that is perfect for me, and I for her. A girl that will be my best friend and a girl that I could talk to for hours and still have more to talk about. Someone that I can grow old with and still sit over a cup of coffee talking and laughing. I also want a family, 3 or 4 seems about right, of course I imagine when I do find that 'right' one, she will probably have some to say on that decision.

I also know that someday I want to own a cattle operation of my own, some wide open pastures to graze them on and a few good horses. I want a house in the country, a place where there ain't neighbors all that close, a farm pond full of fish, and a porch swing.

As far as the things I ain't convinced of, that is a broader subject. You see, today I find myself at the University of Nebraska looking through course catalogs and weighing my options of going back to school. I got into a conversation over coffee with a friend and his wife about school and my job. As much as I love my job, and I do, I don't exactly make a ton of money, and to go along with the light paychecks, the benefits of my job include health insurance and a $200 bonus around christmas. I don't get sick days or vacation. Now all of this would be fine to support me for the rest of my life, but I have full intentions of someday finding the right girl someday, so the job probably ain't going to cut it in the long run. Back on point - school. At 27 years old, going back to school for what looks like another 3 years is a rather daunting task.

Another option for better income is something in the agricultural sales field, not that is probably a more fitting avenue to pursue, as I have a degree in the field and excelled in all sales classes, prior to my professor advising me that sales was the field for me. The catch lies to the fact that I don't like sales. Is more money reason enough to pursue a career that quite possibly lead to hating my job? Maybe... I don't know the answer.

Now, the blog... I'm not exactly sure why I decided to blog or what I want to achieve in it. But I have been urged from friends and family to start one, so after a conversation with my mother no more than an hour ago, I decided to try it. I don't know if it's something Ill continue, but you have to start somewhere. What I think I'd like to ultimately like to achieve is to provide something interesting to read, but with a touch of wit and humor, and an insight on a single midwestern cowboy's life. We will see...

1 comment:

  1. If you find an answer to your second to last paragraph, let me know; I'm debating the same thing, though I'm currently of the opinion that it's not worth it.

    ReplyDelete